Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kicked out of Church

I started going back to church about 2 months ago. I am very impressed with the organization of the child care.  I arrive, put my number id into a touch screen computer which checks Gabe into the system.  It then prints two stickers, one to put on Gabe, and one for me to keep.  This contains his name, class number, and a code.  I have a sticker with the same information.  I have to present this in order to be able to pick him up.  The code comes in handy if your child is acting up or something is wrong, they will flash it on the jumbo trons during the service.

Today Gabe and I went to the early service.  We arrived about 5 minutes late.  I guess they have different volunteers for each service to work the rooms.  When I walked in, there were two men holding babies in rocking chairs.  I have to admit it caught me off guard.  I know that is a bit sexist, but I am so used to seeing woman.  Anywho- I got Gabe situated and dashed into the service.

After a few songs of worship, David Platt (the pastor), stood up and explained that he wanted to spend some time in the nursery this morning.  He said he wanted to make sure the volunteers and staff felt apprectiated and wanted to dedicate some time just to them.  I was thinking- hey now, Gabe might get held by the pastor!  (It's just such a large church- this idea actaully makes me feel excited).  He leaves, and another song begins.  And up on the screen flashes 7JZ.  My friend leans in and says, "Hey look, Someone's child is being bad, ha"  I said, "Hey now, don't say that it could be mine!"  I was almost hesistant to look down at my sticker, and sure enough in bold print on my sticker was 7JZ. 

I gathered my things and went to see what was going on.  Turns out, Gabe was running a slight fever.  His eyes were sad and red........  I don't think he's sick, so maybe it was from teething, or maybe he just didn't want to be at church today. ha.  We got home and he was fine, no fever, laughing, smiling. 

However, I am thankful that Brook Hills has such an organized system.  I even had a text message from them. 

Hopefully next time I won't have to test it out again.

Here are some recent pics.....

Is his hair turning red??????? It doesn't look it in person, but on camera it does....hmmm






No comments:

Post a Comment